On Friday, the National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) went after a Nairobi matatu sacco whose crew is accused of killing a woman.
Earlier this month, Florence Wanjiru, 28, was hurled out of a Killeton Sacco matatu plying the Kileleshwa-Lavington route.
In a report posted on their Twitter handle, NTSA announced that they had revoked PSV license of the driver, Joseph Muasya Muange, and the conductor’s badge for John Ndwai Maimbu.
That was after the authority summoned the sacco officials to NTSA Headquarters to submit an incident report.
The authority also revealed that all 114 vehicles belonging to the sacco will be subjected to compliance inspection to assess their roadworthiness.
All the drivers and conductors will also undergo mandatory road safety and customer care training.
The driver and the conductor were arraigned in court and are currently in police custody.
NTSA finally sent a condolence message to the deceased’s family.
“It was an unfortunate accident. The authority condoles with the family and friends of the late Florence Wanjiru. We urge the public to be vigilant and report incidences of rogue drivers on our roads,” NTSA stated.
Wanjiru's parents revealed that a good samaritan informed them that their daughter had been involved in an accident.
“Once we got the call, we rushed to the hospital to see her and she was in bad condition,” her uncle John Chege explained.
She was later taken to Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) where she passed on.
- uproar10 August 2020 - 7:42 pm
- Roped in10 August 2020 - 7:39 pm
- Done Deal10 August 2020 - 7:17 pm
- lovebirds10 August 2020 - 6:36 pm
- New Horizons10 August 2020 - 6:05 pm
- close shave10 August 2020 - 5:35 pm
- watch out10 August 2020 - 5:12 pm
- City Tour10 August 2020 - 5:08 pm
- Anticipated Return10 August 2020 - 4:02 pm
- stranded10 August 2020 - 2:49 pm
- latest10 August 2020 - 2:27 pm
- furious10 August 2020 - 1:29 pm