On Wednesday, President Uhuru Kenyatta awarded the Head of State Commendation to a farmer, who was famous for delivering water to thirsty wild animals at Tsavo National Park in 2016.
Patrick Mwalua Kilonzo was among individuals honoured by the head of state during Jamhuri Day celebrations in 2018 but was yet to receive an award.
The award was delivered through Tourism Cabinet Secretary, Najib Balala.
An enthusiastic Kilonzo took to Facebook to request Kenyans to join him in celebrating the award for his heroic act.
“This is a day I will never forget. Najib Balala, the minister of Tourism and Wildlife, honouring me with Head of State Commendation award from the President of the Republic of Kenya for my efforts of helping wildlife during drought seasons in Tsavo Park,” he posted.
Kilonzo has been battling a kidney illness for almost seven years and has been in search of Ksh4 million so as to undergo a kidney transplant. He, however, revealed that he had found a sponsor for his treatment in India.
Alai, Maribe and Githeriman have, however, often found themselves on the wrong side of the expected norm.
Maribe has a murder case pending in court, Alai has been arrested several times for controversial comments on social media attacking the government online, while Githeriman has often been found drunk and in a sorry state.
- new protocols8 July 2020 - 5:00 pm
- edged out8 July 2020 - 5:21 pm
- home comforts8 July 2020 - 4:11 pm
- Raft of Measures8 July 2020 - 4:08 pm
- spilling beans8 July 2020 - 3:36 pm
- torment8 July 2020 - 2:25 pm
- Presidential Appeal8 July 2020 - 2:34 pm
- showdown8 July 2020 - 2:24 pm
- way out?8 July 2020 - 1:41 pm
- listen...8 July 2020 - 1:35 pm
- easy steps8 July 2020 - 1:29 pm
- Surge8 July 2020 - 1:03 pm