It seems Wiper leader, Kalonzo Musyoka, is determined to make political waves all on his on and is fed up with seeking alliances and asking others to support him.
Speaking during the burial of David Makumbi, the father of Machakos Woman Rep, Joyce Kamene Kasimbi, the former VP fired shots towards former Prime Minister, Raila Odinga, revealing that he will no longer beg him for support.
He further declared that he will be on the presidential battle in the upcoming 2022 elections.
“We do not want to appear like we are begging people all the time; you can’t beg for leadership; power is not granted, but seized.
"You would look very weak if you start crying that it is your turn to be endorsed,” stated Kalonzo.
He made the remarks after the realisation every power-hungry person must seek to grab powerfully aware that it won't be delivered to him or her on a silver platter.
“This is political warfare, power has to be grabbed; you must have a conviction why you want to be in power," added the politician.
Kalonzo reportedly made the revelations in regards to a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that was reportedly signed between him and Raila in which he would be backed for the top seat in 2022.
Several leaders including Former Machakos Senator, Johnstone Muthama, together with MPs: Patrick Makau (Mavoko), Joshua Kimilu (Kaiti) Robert Mbui (Kathiani) and Vincent Musau (Mwala), have in the past endorsed Kalonzo for the top job.
“Come 2022, we have a (presidential) candidate in the name of Kalonzo Musyoka. The only thing that we are now looking for, is a running mate,” stated Kaiti MP Kimilu.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm