Busy Nairobi Highway to be Closed for 2 Days
The Kenya Urban Roads Authority has announced that the city-bound expressway of the Thika Superhighway will be closed on Saturday, September 14 and Sunday, September 15.
In a statement posted on Twitter, the authority stated that the road would be closed due to the ongoing construction of the Outer Ring overpass.
Further, they directed that traffic marshalls would aid motorists travelling to the city centre, to use service lanes.
"It is advisable for motorists to use alternative routes to reduce congesting the service lanes," read their post.
KURA also stated that the roads would also remain closed on Saturday, September 21 and Sunday, September 22 from 6am to 6pm.
"We appreciate the support, cooperation and understanding of the public as we endeavor to modernize our urban road infrastructure for efficient transport," the press statement read.
The overpass was closed in April 2019 and was expected to be reopened on July 18, 2019.
However, works are yet to be completed.
During the construction period, the Thika-bound traffic from Outering Ring Road was to use the right-hand service lane of the superhighway and turn right on the underpass at Survey of Kenya.
Airport-bound traffic from Nairobi CBD through Outer Ring Road was to proceed ahead using left-hand side service lane of the superhighway.
- 19 September 2019 - 12:29 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 12:11 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 11:47 am
- 19 September 2019 - 12:04 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 11:27 am
- 19 September 2019 - 10:10 am
- 19 September 2019 - 10:00 am
- 19 September 2019 - 10:17 am
- 19 September 2019 - 9:57 am
- 19 September 2019 - 9:47 am
- 19 September 2019 - 10:38 am
- 19 September 2019 - 9:02 am