Former National Super Alliance (Nasa) boss Norman Magaya was flown out of the country on Sunday, September 15, for further treatment.
In a statement released by the ODM party, the ailing leader would be undergoing further treatment abroad for the following two weeks.
"Our colleague Mr Norman Magaya has left the country for further treatment abroad. We expect him to be away for 12 -15 days. During this time, he will be under the care of a panel of expert doctors," read an excerpt of the statement from the opposition party.
This comes just a week after former Prime Minister Raila Odinga visited Magaya at Nairobi Hospital.
He had been rushed and admitted in the ICU department, having been in and out of hospital for the past two to three years.
The ex-NASA CEO first collapsed in August 2017 at the national tallying centre in Bomas of Kenya during the tabulation of presidential votes after the general election.
During his protracted health battles, Magaya has been constantly updating the public via his social media pages.
“I have had a recurrent heart condition for the past four months and been admitted in hospital on three occasions latest being last week. On all occasions both the coalition leadership and the ODM party have stood with me,” he once tweeted.
Magaya's trip abroad for intensive treatment follows ODM party blogger Dikembe Disembe's recent statements in which he accused some party officials of ignoring Raila's instruction that the former NASA boss's health is treated as a matter of urgency.
In their latest statement, ODM vowed to continue to stand with Magaya until his return.
- Imageshots fired22 February 2020 - 7:41 pm
- Imagelooking back22 February 2020 - 7:21 pm
- Imagefirst appearence22 February 2020 - 6:44 pm
- ImageStreamlining the system22 February 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Imagedivine calling22 February 2020 - 5:58 pm
- Imagerelieve22 February 2020 - 4:00 pm
- ImageGreat Talk22 February 2020 - 4:49 pm
- Imagereviving the dream22 February 2020 - 3:30 pm
- Imagetill further notice22 February 2020 - 2:59 pm
- ImageTaking Initiative22 February 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Imagesad22 February 2020 - 1:50 pm
- ImageLocked22 February 2020 - 1:34 pm