Deputy President William Ruto, on Sunday, October 6, launched a new radio station in Meru county.
Dubbed the Great Gospel Visioners (GGV FM 97.1), the radio station will play a central role in disseminating information and act as a public eye.
"The Government will continue offering a conducive environment for free speech and relay of fact-based information to thrive," DP Ruto stated following the launch.
He further added that the newly launched station would create awareness, shape public opinion and promote harmony in the society.
"Crucially, the station entitles the people to tell their own stories, and share best experiences in the information-rich world," the country's second in command stated.
DP Ruto had earlier on led the church service in praise and worship session.
In the video posted by Dennis Itumbi on his Twitter page, the deputy president who seemed uneasy was seen shyly clapping and raising his hands in an attempt to keep up with the animated chorus leader.
On Saturday, October 5, 2019, DP Ruto travelled to Catholic Mission Hospital in Wamba, Samburu County, and joined residents and the Christian fraternity for their Golden Jubilee celebrations.
In what could be interpreted as a sign of blessing, a downpour began while the function was still underway.
The congregants were unnerved as they sang songs of worship in the rain wading through the mud as Ruto enjoyed the performances from inside a tent.
- at risk14 July 2020 - 12:44 pm
- opportunities14 July 2020 - 12:28 pm
- transformation14 July 2020 - 12:31 pm
- Hitting Back14 July 2020 - 12:01 pm
- Another One14 July 2020 - 11:54 am
- up the ladder14 July 2020 - 11:28 am
- siliver lining?14 July 2020 - 10:27 am
- Comeback14 July 2020 - 10:36 am
- heartbreaking14 July 2020 - 10:08 am
- sad14 July 2020 - 10:04 am
- Interruption14 July 2020 - 9:47 am
- tears14 July 2020 - 9:53 am