A Nairobi bound matatu was on Saturday, October 5, the scene of a dramatic hijacking incident that left 14 passengers in total shock.
According to Citizen Digital, police are looking into the incident which took place at around 9:30 P.M.
The unidentified robber boarded the matatu from its point of origin in Nyahururu, with passengers next to him oblivious to his sinister plans.
He then asked to alight midway, forcing the driver to step out of the vehicle to remove the robbers luggage which was fastened to the carrier.
It was at this point that four other robbers emerged from the darkness and took control of the matatu, ordering all the passengers to lie down.
They drove the matatu to an unknown location where they stripped the passengers their cash and money in their M-Pesa and KCB M-Pesa accounts totalling to over Kshs 100,000 and electronics.
The hijackers then slipped back into the darkness as swiftly as they came, leaving the driver and his passengers petrified, but otherwise unhurt.
Reports stated that the driver then drove the vehicle to Lari Police Station where he recorded his official statement.
In related news, three of the most wanted gang members of a notorious carjacking syndicate were arrested following a covert night raid on September 1, 2019.
Detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), traced the trio to their den at West View Plaza in Kahawa West, Nairobi.armed arrest armed
- Revised13 August 2022 - 12:21 pm
- Final Blow13 August 2022 - 12:02 pm
- Victory13 August 2022 - 12:45 pm
- Shock Waves13 August 2022 - 12:36 pm
- fresh info13 August 2022 - 10:54 am
- Rise to Power13 August 2022 - 11:04 am
- Blow13 August 2022 - 10:04 am
- Dominance13 August 2022 - 10:22 am
- Super Women13 August 2022 - 9:02 am
- Revealed13 August 2022 - 8:27 am
- SHOCKING13 August 2022 - 8:37 am
- Complicated13 August 2022 - 8:00 am