Walter Mong'are alias Nyambane, is one of the most revered comedians in Kenya. He is dubbed by many as one of, if not the godfather of Kenyan comedy.
Alongside Tony Njuguna, Nyambane started TV comedy show Redykyulass that aired on Kenyan TV in the '90s and early 2000s.
Nyambane was famed for his role in Redykyulass playing retired President Daniel Toroitich Arap Moi.
A near-perfect imitation and mimicking of President Moi and the humour entailed in the performance really cracked a rib back in the day. Tony Njuguna played President Mwai Kibaki on the show that also featured the likes of Kajairo.
Speaking to Jeff Koinange on Citizen TV on Wednesday, October 9, Nyambane reiterated that the production and broadcast of the show was easier and much more convenient during the Moi era than it was post-2002.
It was perceived by many as a very tough period especially for those who did not find favour with the head of state.
However, playing President Moi did not land Nyambane in any trouble let alone strain production or airing of the rib-cracking show. The renowned legend of the Kenyan comedy industry confessed that the post-2002 period was tougher in terms of production.
Tony Njuguna backed Nyambane, agreeing that they did not face any threat under Mzee Moi's reign.
The Redykyulass duo went on to give viewers a treat of what they had missed for a long time - Imitating the former presidents.
Nyambane and Tony left Koinange in stitches after series of stunts. They brought out the humour in the retired heads of state, giving Kenyans an extra reason to celebrate them.
The duo went on to make a confession of how they solicited merchandise from Americans who thought they were athletes when they attended a Boston Marathon.
Due to the Kenyan insignia on their t-shirts, the Americans offered to buy them kits they needed for the race.
After reviewing Redykyulass episodes from back in the day, Jeff Koinange broke out in laughter, asking to be excused to relieve himself.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm