The Inspector-General of Police Hillary Mutyambai, on Tuesday, October 15, was forced to take action against his deputy, Edward Mbugua, following a damning feature.
Dubbed Westlands Underworld, the investigative report which was aired on Citizen TV on Sunday, October 13, exposed several senior government officials and how they used their lofty positions to harass a wealthy Asian family.
The IG, upon consulting with Interior CS Fred Matiang’i and DPP Noordin Haji, ordered for a formal investigation to commence immediately, going on to order for the submission of all evidence on the highly sensitive matter, Citizen Digital reported.
“Towards this end, any member of the public, including Citizen TV, with documentary evidence on the said matter are invited to submit information to the Director Internal Affairs Unit; National Police Service," read an excerpt of his statement.
"That full and proper investigation be undertaken with immediate effect to determine the validity or lack thereof of the allegations," he further stated.
In the investigative feature, Makadara MP George Aladwa, Nairobi Area Police Commander, Bernard Nyakakwa and the Head of Permits at the Immigration Department, Linus Muriithi, were implicated as key members of the cartel.
The Asian in question, 70-year-old Dilip Bakrania, believed to be worth billions of Shillings, was the main target, with IG Mutyambai's deputy and his associates depicted as orchestrating a ploy to have him deported, leaving his properties at their mercy.
Interestingly, controversial private investigator, Jane Mugo, who was once identified as the most wanted woman in Kenya, featured heavily in the investigative piece compiled by Citizen TV's Purity Mwambia.
IG Mutyambai stated that anyone with additional evidence should submit to National Police Service officer Charlton Murithi, going on to reveal that Murithi could be reached on 0798474619 or via mail using firstname.lastname@example.org as the address.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm
- Imagepeacemakers24 February 2020 - 12:30 pm