A hilarious but risky situation was recorded in a video that was shared by Daily Nation on Monday, October 21 of an incident that occurred on Sunday, October 20.
The video showed a lorry from the Kenya Police towing and aircraft that had been stuck in a muddy runway.
According to the narration, the plane belonging to Rudufu Air, a local airline, got stuck in the mud after it skidded off the runway at Takaba Airstrip in Takaba Town, Mandera West.
“We had 30 passengers on board when the incident happened and they are all safe in Takaba town,” revealed a staffer, who was not authorised to speak to the media.
The staff of the airline further revealed that they had tried to push the plane out of the mud to no avail thus asked assistance from the police without much success.
“We tried to pull the plane (out of the mud) using a police lorry but it was impossible. We will either wait until the mud dries up or we get a tractor,” he added.
The aircraft skidded off the runway during take-off to Mandera Town after dropping off passengers at the airstrip on Sunday, October 20, afternoon.
The airline operates from the Wilson Airport and flies the Nairobi-Takaba-Mandera route.
The passengers were evacuated to Takaba Town where they were accommodated as they waited for the plane to be pulled out of the mud.
Mandera West Deputy County Commissioner Kipkoech Labatt confirmed the incident stating that they were looking for a tractor to pull the plane's stuck tyres out of the mud.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm