A woman was arrested and detained after she beat up a 17-year-old girl to death on Monday, October 21.
Citizen Digital reported that the girl, who hailed from Tagare Village in Kuria West, Migori County, was set to sit for her KCPE examination scheduled to begin on October 28.
The Class Eight pupil at Tagare Primary School was said to have been beaten up by her guardian, Linet Biyaki for arriving home at around 2 a.m.
Ms Biyaki beat up the girl with a stick, causing serious injuries on her.
Suna East Sub-county Police Commander Mark Wanjala confirmed the incident and stated that the 17-year-old had been pronounced dead immediately she arrived at Samjomen Hospital, where she was taken by neighbours.
30-year-old Ms Biyaki is said to be detained at Kehancha Police Station.
In other news, a Class Eight pupil in Koita Village was arrested after stabbing his elder brother to death.
K24 Digital reported the 16-year-old stabbed his elder sibling after hearing his sister-in-law scream for help.
“The teenager did not even inquire why the two were fighting; he just stormed the room and drove the knife in his elder sibling’s chest,” Kiplabotwa Chief Stanley Towet stated.
- get ready6 June 2020 - 5:20 pm
- full speech6 June 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Gradual6 June 2020 - 4:15 pm
- Not yet over6 June 2020 - 3:47 pm
- free to move6 June 2020 - 3:37 pm
- Anxious6 June 2020 - 2:40 pm
- smart leader6 June 2020 - 2:56 pm
- unfortunate6 June 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Soaring6 June 2020 - 3:28 pm
- honour6 June 2020 - 2:10 pm
- Insider6 June 2020 - 1:55 pm
- rip6 June 2020 - 1:00 pm