Ruto allies on Wednesday, October 23, vowed to fail the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) which is a joint project by President Uhuru Kenyatta and ODM leader Raila Odinga for one reason.
The leaders who were speaking during the launch of the Leshuta Market at Narok West in Narok County, stated that they would ensure the proposal by the team would not proceed if it was a means to benefit a section of individuals.
Chuka Igembe Ngombe MP Patrick Munene stated that they would wait to see the document first before making a decision on rejecting or accepting it.
"We will analyse the document and if we see it is for creation of seats for some people, we will fail it without a second thought," Munene stated.
Echoing his sentiments was Narok Woman Rep Soipan Tuya who maintained that they had no problem with the BBI if it was meant to deliver for the people.
"If this BBI is for fulfilling selfish interests, we will reject it. We will back its recommendations if it advocates for reforms that will better the lives of Kenyans," she affirmed.
On his part, DP Ruto steered cleared of the BBI talk, rather choosing to speak on development projects for the country.
"The country will only move forward with development projects like building roads and connecting electricity not politicking that has no benefit to the people," he stated.
On Sunday, October 20, Ruto and President Uhuru Kenyatta opted not to speak on the BBI despite Raila Odinga's pushing them to during the Mashujaa Day celebrations in Mombasa.
Uhuru has in the past publicly declared his support for the initiative calling for cooperation from his allies and Kenyans alike.
"No one can lead this country alone. Even if they attack BBI, they should know that the project is not all about elections. It's not about creating a post for me. I will retire after my term is over. It's about the future of Kenyans," Kenyatta reiterated his stance on the initiative during the launch of the SGR Phase 2A on Wednesday, October 15.
Here is the video of the event:
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm