Panic gripped residents of Ndara area in Taita Taveta on Wednesday, October 23, after a fuel tanker enroute to Nairobi from Mombasa burst into flames.
According to a witness who spoke to the Daily Nation, the driver of the truck escaped unhurt after he was notified of flames from the rear of the vehicle.
In the video shared by the publication, the witness narrated how the trailer's rear tire burst sparking a flame that sent the whole village into a panic.
The witness alerted the driver about the fire and in turn, the driver warned the residents to flee the area.
"I alerted the driver about the fire and he told us to run for our lives as he also fled the scene stating that the truck was carrying super petrol," the witness narrated.
He further stated that they ran through the neighbourhood screaming for people to flee to avert any disaster.
The women and children were forced to run all the way to Maungu and some of them opted to spend the night there.
"I called the office of the assistant chief who in turn informed the area chief to confirm the situation," the witness added.
He concluded by stating that none of the residents had been hurt by the explosion and most of them returned to their homes as the flames died down.
Here is the video:died explosion fire explosion
- Eulogise6 October 2022 - 8:13 pm
- Ultimatum6 October 2022 - 8:23 pm
- how it happened6 October 2022 - 7:58 pm
- Reprieve6 October 2022 - 7:51 pm
- Changes6 October 2022 - 7:18 pm
- His Take6 October 2022 - 8:13 pm
- Sad6 October 2022 - 7:46 pm
- On The Spot6 October 2022 - 8:18 pm
- Tricks6 October 2022 - 6:34 pm
- Order!6 October 2022 - 6:08 pm
- Fistfight6 October 2022 - 5:32 pm
- Direction6 October 2022 - 5:15 pm