Inua Mama, a faction within Jubilee Party that is allied to Deputy President William Ruto, on Friday, October 25, toured Marsabit and Isiolo counties where they donated money and other items to the residents.
The women leaders reported that they gave money to various associations in the two counties and helped kickstart projects.
"Inua Mama today donated posho mills and concrete mixtures to the youth groups of Marsabit County. A great step towards empowering the youth and economically boosting them to self-sustainability," the group's post on Facebook read.
The group had earlier stopped at Sisters of Charity Children's Home in Marsabit, where they donated mattresses, sheets and blankets to the children.
Led by Kandara MP Alice Wahome, the women proceeded to Marsabit Stadium where they addressed a crowd before heading to Isiolo county.
Embattled Malindi MP Aisha Jumwa was also at the event and gave her sentiments on the donations while lashing out at leaders who were supporting the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI).
"If the BBI does not address women empowerment and youth development but create jobs for old people in government then we will do everything we can to make sure it does not pass," she stated.
Chairperson Alice Wahome added that she had seen what the residents were going through and that if BBI did not address these issues then it would fail.
"If it (BBI) does not bring resources to women and youth then we don't want anything to do with it," she affirmed.
Isiolo Woman Representative Rehema Jaldesa played host to her counterparts.
They donated various items including a cheque worth Ksh9 million to Isiolo Sub-county Women Group, for social welfare.
The women also distributed gas cookers and plastic chairs as well as cash to women in the area.
- generosity19 September 2020 - 8:10 pm
- nabbed19 September 2020 - 7:57 pm
- alternative transport19 September 2020 - 7:20 pm
- not cool19 September 2020 - 6:16 pm
- our bad19 September 2020 - 5:55 pm
- high profile19 September 2020 - 5:23 pm
- on blast19 September 2020 - 4:55 pm
- Partners19 September 2020 - 4:34 pm
- Dangerous19 September 2020 - 4:00 pm
- latest report19 September 2020 - 3:10 pm
- finally19 September 2020 - 3:05 pm
- Notice19 September 2020 - 1:40 pm