Interior CS Fred Matiang'i on Friday, November 8, 2019, fired warning shots at leaders from Marsabit County after 10 people, two of them police officers, died in a bandit attack on Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
The tough-talking CS held a meeting with the leaders to find a lasting solution to insecurity in the area.
In the discussion, Matian'g reminded the leaders their main responsibility was to ensure the safety of residents in their areas of operation, before anything else.
"My colleagues and I held candid conversations with Marsabit leaders in the wake of the recent spate of violence in the county. I reminded them of their sacred and foremost leadership duty and appealed to them to pursue peace by all means," Matiangi stated on Twitter.
Matiang'i further warned that the national government would be forced to intervene if they failed to take control of the situation and tame the killings.
"However, I warned that the government will not standby as lives are lost due to political competition," he added.
The meeting was organised in the wake of clashes in Marsabit that have left tens dead and many more injured.
During the Wednesday, November 6 attack, at least 10 people among them, two police officers were killed in Jaldesa, Marsabit County.
The attacks are said to have happened when bandits ambushed a vehicle leaving three people dead.
Seven others were killed in a retaliatory attack, among them two police officers who were on patrol.
- costly outing1 June 2020 - 3:48 pm
- congratulations1 June 2020 - 3:43 pm
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am
- still got it1 June 2020 - 11:21 am