Imran Okoth Sworn-in to Office [PHOTOS]
Bernard Otieno Okoth (Imran) was on Tuesday afternoon, November 19, officially sworn-in as the Member of Parliament for Kibra Constituency.
National Assembly Speaker Justin Muturi, took the new legislator through the formalities as he finally assumed his late brother's office.
Imran was elected into office through a hotly contested by-election on November 7, that was occasioned by the untimely demise of Ken Okoth.
"Congratulations Imran Okoth on assuming office today. We are fully behind you and wish you all the best as you settle down to serve your people of Kibra in the National Assembly," ODM party tweeted.
In a show of solidarity, Jubilee nominated MP Maina Kamanda, accompanied the ODM legislator to the dais as he took his oath of office.
The Kibra MP clinched the seat after garnering 24,636 votes as per official Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) records.
His closest rival McDonald Mariga - of the Jubilee Party- conceded defeat after garnering 11,230 votes.
Earlier on, Embakasi MP Babu Owino was one of the first legislators to welcome him to the house.
- 6 December 2019 - 7:00 pm
- 6 December 2019 - 6:07 pm
- 6 December 2019 - 5:25 pm
- 6 December 2019 - 4:58 pm
- 6 December 2019 - 3:47 pm
- 6 December 2019 - 4:14 pm
- 6 December 2019 - 2:40 pm
- 6 December 2019 - 3:28 pm
- 6 December 2019 - 2:56 pm
- 6 December 2019 - 3:16 pm
- 6 December 2019 - 2:18 pm
- 6 December 2019 - 1:39 pm