The Mamboleo junction along the Kisumu-Vihiga Road in Kisumu County was the scene of a dramatic shoot out on Wednesday, November 20.
According to reports by Capital News, the intense shoot out was between Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC) officers and traffic officers at a traffic roadblock.
The latest reports claim that four officers have been arrested after the dramatic sting operation.
Further reports indicate that EACC detectives were also involved in another standoff with police officers at the airport area of Kisumu.
Reports also claimed that Kirembe traffic police officers manning a roadblock close the airport were among the arrested.
The officers had moved in to arrest the officers following several complaints from motorists and boda boda operators regarding the unethical conduct of the officers.
“That is when the traffic police officers shot at them, but none of the EACC officers was injured,” one senior officer in Kisumu told Capital FM News.
They went on to report that a traffic officer was shot and injured by a bullet fired by his colleague before they were all arrested, handcuffed and driven away.
Here's the video of the arrested officers:
- Shed Light5 August 2020 - 4:31 pm
- making it big5 August 2020 - 4:46 pm
- new frontier5 August 2020 - 3:46 pm
- Genius5 August 2020 - 3:42 pm
- family matters5 August 2020 - 3:31 pm
- Surge5 August 2020 - 3:16 pm
- adapting5 August 2020 - 2:41 pm
- fiery5 August 2020 - 2:54 pm
- time to upgrade5 August 2020 - 1:57 pm
- for life5 August 2020 - 1:37 pm
- Fruitless5 August 2020 - 12:57 pm
- Magnificent5 August 2020 - 12:41 pm