President Uhuru Kenyatta splashed Ksh100 million to honour world marathon record holder Eliud Kipchoge.
Education CS George Magoha delivered the cheque at Kipchoge's home Village in Kapsisisywa, Nandi County as reported first by Nation on Friday, November 22, 2019.
The money would be used to construct a new library.
Magoha also revealed that the head of state would tour the school and commission in six months.
"President Kenyatta has today given out Ksh100 million to build a new library in honour of what Kipchoge did for Kenya," Magoha proclaimed.
However, the tough CS warned government officials not to embezzle the funds as the president would crack the whip on them.
Kipchoge became the first man to run a 42km marathon in under 2 hours when he clocked 1:59:40 in Vienna Austria on Saturday, October 12, 2019.
He was feted with the Elder of the Golden Heart Award by Kenyatta on Sunday, October 20, 2019, during Mashujaa Day celebrations in Mombasa County.
The government also handpicked him to support its bid for a seat in the United Nations Security Council (UNSC), in New York.
- new toy3 July 2020 - 6:48 pm
- unexpected3 July 2020 - 6:42 pm
- banned3 July 2020 - 5:04 pm
- new start3 July 2020 - 3:38 pm
- new record3 July 2020 - 3:29 pm
- Targetted3 July 2020 - 3:18 pm
- finally3 July 2020 - 2:54 pm
- you've been warned3 July 2020 - 2:31 pm
- nabbed3 July 2020 - 2:07 pm
- Seize the Moment3 July 2020 - 1:34 pm
- vandalised3 July 2020 - 1:13 pm
- Amazing3 July 2020 - 12:36 pm