President Uhuru Kenyatta on Wednesday, November 27, had a chat with Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang'i, moments before digital strategist and blogger Dennis Itumbi was whisked out of the podium at Bomas of Kenya.
According to a story run by Daily Nation on Friday, November 29, the president is said to have had a chat with the Interior CS, after which Matiang'i approached his Principal Secretary, Karanja Kibicho and had a talk with him.
It is after this chat that Itumbi was chased away from the dias.
Taking to his Twitter page on Wednesday, Itumbi seemed to confirm Kibichio's hand in his ouster with a cryptic message.
"Hahaaa Mr. Kibicho and team. It's okay. Boardroom and closed rooms ni zenyu. Tukutane kwa wananchi (Let's meet at the grassroots)," Itumbi wrote.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, Itumbi downplayed the incident, claiming that the event was almost coming to a close and he was on his way out anyway.
He further claimed that he had been confused for his look-a-like brother.
"I had a beautiful moment as I left Bomas a few moments ago... with the deputy escort commander who kept telling me, 'we know you are not Dennis Itumbi but his brother.
"Lucky for me, a colleague saved me. A few minutes later, he was clearing the road for me," posted Itumbi.
- tots on air25 May 2020 - 4:50 pm
- latest25 May 2020 - 4:31 pm
- Another One25 May 2020 - 4:26 pm
- the journey25 May 2020 - 3:26 pm
- Protests25 May 2020 - 3:12 pm
- Clarification25 May 2020 - 2:36 pm
- next level25 May 2020 - 1:50 pm
- Extreme Measures25 May 2020 - 1:03 pm
- coming clean25 May 2020 - 12:40 pm
- winning25 May 2020 - 11:48 am
- Head On25 May 2020 - 11:08 am
- Vaccine25 May 2020 - 10:59 am