Sports Cabinet Secretary Amina Mohamed has been on the spotlight for various reasons, ever since she was appointed to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Education and the Sports docket.
However, her daughter, Firyal Nur Al Hossain, has managed to maintain a low profile, despite the fact that she has been scaling heights in Hollywood, US.
A report by The Standard in 2014, stated that the two partnered in a new venture, Capsule Collections, which won the Showcase Designer of The Year Awards in the Emerging Designer Category.
Nur's collection ranges from khanga shorts and cotton shirts to a blend of Ethiopian fabrics and some exotic pieces.
Her designs have been admired by famous celebrities. During Paris Fashion Week in 2014, power couple Kanye West and Kim Kardashian made orders of her design.
"Kanye and Kim Kardashian fell for my designs in Paris.
"My vision is to establish a flagship store here and make our products affordable to the Kenyan market," Nur stated after affirming that she had made her mark in Europe and America.
Her clothing line has also graced top magazines like Zele, Pattern Recognition, LA Fashion, Zen and Fantastic Fall.
Firyal grew up in New York and Geneva, Switzerland. In 2012, she graduated with honours at the United States International University, Nairobi, after studying international relations.
- Covid-1925 May 2020 - 5:20 pm
- tots on air25 May 2020 - 4:50 pm
- latest25 May 2020 - 4:31 pm
- Another One25 May 2020 - 4:26 pm
- the journey25 May 2020 - 3:26 pm
- Protests25 May 2020 - 3:12 pm
- Clarification25 May 2020 - 2:36 pm
- next level25 May 2020 - 1:50 pm
- Extreme Measures25 May 2020 - 1:03 pm
- coming clean25 May 2020 - 12:40 pm
- winning25 May 2020 - 11:48 am
- Head On25 May 2020 - 11:08 am