Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua has achieved a milestone in health service after Machakos Level Five Hospital laboratory became the first county hospital to receive the highly-rated ISO certification.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke on Saturday, December 14, Mutua termed the achievement as a great step towards the realization of proper health to residents and non-residents seeking medication in the facility.
“Machakos Level Five Hospital laboratory has become the first county-owned laboratory to acquire the ISO status,” he announced.
“Many residents in Machakos and other counties have earlier been relying on private hospitals for services that need ISO status recommendations,” remarked Mutua.
He further indicated that the ISO certification would help in ensuring the hospital remained a public facility of choice.
“The status award means that laboratory results from Machakos Level Five laboratory can now be accepted by any health facility worldwide.
“This can be a good avenue to create an association with major health providers in the world for the benefit of Machakos people and others seeking health services,” added Mutua.
In a bid to motivate health workers in the county, he pledged to give allowances to all hospital staff in Machakos who would a step up during the festive season.
“We are putting all efforts to ensure that the hospital services will be available throughout the festive season.
“All our workers will receive overtime allowances for the sacrifice they will be giving in working during the Christmas and new year period,” stated Mutua.
The governor further reiterated the efforts put in place to ensure the Universal Health Coverage works in Machakos.
Machakos County was among the devolved units that were earmarked for the pilot scheme of the UHC program initiated by President Uhuru Kenyatta.
- Power House29 September 2020 - 7:15 am
- blocked29 September 2020 - 7:20 am
- phased reopening28 September 2020 - 7:23 pm
- New Guidelines28 September 2020 - 6:07 pm
- All in28 September 2020 - 5:53 pm
- in hindsight28 September 2020 - 6:17 pm
- updates28 September 2020 - 5:03 pm
- M.I.A28 September 2020 - 4:48 pm
- Nerve-wracking28 September 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Behind Bars28 September 2020 - 2:51 pm
- living large28 September 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Reprieve28 September 2020 - 1:48 pm