Update: Kenyatta also awarded former Citizen TV anchor Hussein Mohamed with the Moran of the Order of the Burning Spear (MBS).
President Uhuru Kenyatta bestowed the highest presidential award or civilians to two of his Cabinet Secretaries in recognition of distinguished and outstanding services rendered to the nation.
Kenya Gazette Notice No. 11858 on Friday, December 20, stated that Kenyatta conferred the Elder of the Order of the Golden Heart of Kenya (EGH) to Lands CS Farida Karoney and her Treasury counterpart, Ukur Yattani .
Attorney General Paul Kihara was also bestowed with the award.
In July 2019, Treasury CS Ukur Yattani was appointed to the post on an acting capacity after then CS Henry Rotich was barred from office due to an ongoing corruption case.
Yattani also serves as the Labour CS.
During the Mashujaa Day celebrations, Kenyatta also awarded award-winning teacher, Peter Tabichi the Moran of the Burning Spear (MBS) award.
Tabichi was awarded for his undisputed effort in his role as a teacher which won him the prestigious 2019 Global Best Teacher Award, bagging Ksh100 million in March 2019.
Inspector-General of Police Hillary Mutyambai was also awarded an MBS award.
Mary Keitany was awarded the Order of the Grand Warrior of Kenya (OGW) award during the garden party at State House.
She is a four-time New York Marathon champion and holds a personal best of 2 hours, 17 minutes and 01 seconds set in April 2017 during the London Marathon.corruption
- Res flag10 August 2022 - 5:54 pm
- Grisly10 August 2022 - 6:01 pm
- Remember This10 August 2022 - 5:47 pm
- Why Us10 August 2022 - 5:39 pm
- Explained10 August 2022 - 5:14 pm
- CAUTION10 August 2022 - 4:40 pm
- It's a Wrap10 August 2022 - 4:35 pm
- Our Position10 August 2022 - 4:08 pm
- Bowed out10 August 2022 - 4:21 pm
- All Set10 August 2022 - 5:29 pm
- Do Better10 August 2022 - 3:33 pm
- Thank you10 August 2022 - 2:41 pm