Update: Kenyatta also awarded former Citizen TV anchor Hussein Mohamed with the Moran of the Order of the Burning Spear (MBS).
President Uhuru Kenyatta bestowed the highest presidential award or civilians to two of his Cabinet Secretaries in recognition of distinguished and outstanding services rendered to the nation.
Kenya Gazette Notice No. 11858 on Friday, December 20, stated that Kenyatta conferred the Elder of the Order of the Golden Heart of Kenya (EGH) to Lands CS Farida Karoney and her Treasury counterpart, Ukur Yattani .
Attorney General Paul Kihara was also bestowed with the award.
In July 2019, Treasury CS Ukur Yattani was appointed to the post on an acting capacity after then CS Henry Rotich was barred from office due to an ongoing corruption case.
Yattani also serves as the Labour CS.
During the Mashujaa Day celebrations, Kenyatta also awarded award-winning teacher, Peter Tabichi the Moran of the Burning Spear (MBS) award.
Tabichi was awarded for his undisputed effort in his role as a teacher which won him the prestigious 2019 Global Best Teacher Award, bagging Ksh100 million in March 2019.
Inspector-General of Police Hillary Mutyambai was also awarded an MBS award.
Mary Keitany was awarded the Order of the Grand Warrior of Kenya (OGW) award during the garden party at State House.
She is a four-time New York Marathon champion and holds a personal best of 2 hours, 17 minutes and 01 seconds set in April 2017 during the London Marathon.
- will they?24 October 2020 - 12:13 pm
- Presidential Treatment24 October 2020 - 11:42 am
- helping hand24 October 2020 - 11:30 am
- Her Take24 October 2020 - 10:37 am
- Tough Crowd24 October 2020 - 9:59 am
- must watch24 October 2020 - 9:31 am
- fatal24 October 2020 - 8:45 am
- Trouble24 October 2020 - 8:24 am
- headache24 October 2020 - 7:43 am
- Divulged24 October 2020 - 7:16 am
- relief23 October 2020 - 7:57 pm
- Dramatic23 October 2020 - 7:40 pm