Citizen TV Swahili news anchor Lulu Hassan opened up on what she considered the biggest challenge she has faced as a result of working alongside her husband, Rashid Abdalla.
She disclosed her work relationship with her husband in a candid interview with Millard Ayo for Ayo TV, on January 12.
"Changamoto zipo wakati tunaposoma habari, kila mtu anawaangalia na jicho la tatu, anataka kujua hawa kweli leo wamekosana. Wakati mwingi tunasoma taarifa za huzuni back to back, huwezi smile wakati huo so unapata mtu anasema ‘aah! hawa leo kweli hawajapatana, wamekosana leo,"
"(The major challenge is that when we get to read the news together, our every move or change in facial expression is placed under a million microscopes. Everyone is so keen on knowing whether Rashid and I are in good terms or if we fought just before the news. But there are times when we have to read sad news back to back on live TV, and we can't manage to maintain a smile, leading to many to assume that we are on bad terms)" she disclosed.
The mother of three went on to reveal that contrary to what most people assume, she only gets to work alongside her husband on Saturdays and Sundays.
"Our timetables are completely different, aside from the Saturday and Sunday bulletin, we actually never work in the same space during the weekdays," she explained.
Lulu was in Tanzania to mark the launch of her new TV series - Sarafu, which will air on Maisha Magic.
In June 2018, the power couple became the first ever to read the news together after Rashid switched over from NTV.
The talented couple also owns a film production company which is responsible for successful films such as the popular Maria TV series.
Here's the short clip of Lulu speaking in Tanzania:
- ImageBright Side1 April 2020 - 12:01 pm
- Imagesad1 April 2020 - 12:22 pm
- ImageHeartwarming1 April 2020 - 11:39 am
- ImageWhere are they?1 April 2020 - 11:21 am
- Imagerebuke1 April 2020 - 10:30 am
- Imagebrighter days1 April 2020 - 10:21 am
- Imageexposed1 April 2020 - 9:51 am
- ImageCovid-191 April 2020 - 9:32 am
- Imageunfortunate1 April 2020 - 9:16 am
- Imageheartbreaking1 April 2020 - 8:38 am
- Imagenick of time1 April 2020 - 7:58 am
- ImageMy Take1 April 2020 - 7:33 am