A former judge, Daniel Aganyanya, has passed on at the age of 82 years.
Aganyanya died on Friday, January 17, at the Aga Khan Hospital in Kisumu after suffering two heart attacks.
According to Daily Nation, his daughter, Caroline, explained that the judge developed breathing problems at their home in Cheptulu, Vihiga County, after which she rushed him to the hospital.
"I drove him to Aga Khan Hospital in Kisumu today. We had initially hoped to fly him to Aga Khan in Nairobi, where he could be treated by his doctors," she stated.
In addition, Caroline indicated that on her way to the Kisumu Airport, her father developed breathing problems, which made her change her plans.
"And when we arrived at Aga Khan, he suffered a heart attack. Doctors resuscitated him but he suffered a second heart attack and died," she continued.
The deceased, in 2013, wrote a book titled, The Judicial Purge 2003 -That Never Was.
In his book, he alleged that judges were bribed with cash, trips abroad and sex to alter cases.
Adanyanya retired in 2012 after a 38-year career at the Judiciary.
His death comes a month after Court of Appeal Judge Prof Otieno Odek collapsed and died in Kisumu on Monday, December 16.
The family of the judge confirmed that he collapsed while in his house in the lakeside city. It was not clear what caused his death.
- ImageIn the footsteps21 February 2020 - 9:20 pm
- ImageFamily Feud21 February 2020 - 8:31 pm
- ImageSpecial liking21 February 2020 - 8:03 pm
- Imageunder the hammer21 February 2020 - 8:07 pm
- ImageSad21 February 2020 - 7:51 pm
- ImageMemories21 February 2020 - 8:44 pm
- ImageBamboozled21 February 2020 - 7:06 pm
- ImageRelief21 February 2020 - 6:17 pm
- ImageHere are the numbers21 February 2020 - 5:52 pm
- Imagenabbed21 February 2020 - 5:39 pm
- Imagedeserved21 February 2020 - 6:04 pm
- ImageConfrontation21 February 2020 - 5:19 pm