A female Jubilee Party lawmaker lost her job after she reportedly committed a raft of offences including misleading her party's national leadership.
In a report by The Standard, the nominated MCA at the Embu County Assembly, Judy Mbuya, who also doubled as the assembly's majority whip, was accused by her seniors of disrespecting other party members and not staying true to the course of her party.
She was de-whipped within the week after the assembly's Majority Leader Michael Njeru penned a letter to the office of the Jubilee Caucus Chairman Duncan Mbui detailing of her transgression.
The letter claimed that Mbuya had hurled insults at MCAs on social media, called her male counterparts uncircumcised, misled the Jubilee Party leaders and failed to lobby her colleagues to support the county government business.
Mbuya, who was replaced with Kyeni South MCA Salesio Kimaru, was kicked out of the job together with Embu County Assembly's deputy Majority leader Murithi Kiura.
Kiura was accused of treating other MCAs with arrogance and failing to support his party's proposals to the assembly.
The two were further accused of plotting to oust Njeru from the majority leader position.
Kiura was replaced by Mwea MCA Harrison Mwaluko after 15 MCAs voted to dethrone the two leaders.
"The decision to call a meeting of Jubilee MCAs was occasioned by underhand dealings to destabilise the party leadership within the Assembly.
"The party is not interested in endless court battles that will end up wasting time meant for legislation,” the publication quoted Njeru.
Another nominated MCA, Margaret Lorna Kariuki, urged Jubilee's top organ to visit the county assembly in order to iron out issues.
She explained that the new changes at the assembly needed to be maintained as they awaited word from the national leadership.
- Imageshots fired22 February 2020 - 7:41 pm
- Imagelooking back22 February 2020 - 7:21 pm
- Imagefirst appearence22 February 2020 - 6:44 pm
- ImageStreamlining the system22 February 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Imagedivine calling22 February 2020 - 5:58 pm
- Imagerelieve22 February 2020 - 4:00 pm
- ImageGreat Talk22 February 2020 - 4:49 pm
- Imagereviving the dream22 February 2020 - 3:30 pm
- Imagetill further notice22 February 2020 - 2:59 pm
- ImageTaking Initiative22 February 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Imagesad22 February 2020 - 1:50 pm
- ImageLocked22 February 2020 - 1:34 pm