The career of celebrated Citizen TV actor Brian Ogana, popularly known for his fictional character Sir Luwi Hausa, received a shot in the arm in the form of a prestigious film award bestowed on him on Saturday, February 8.
The revered TV personality trounced other nominees in the category of Best Actor of the Year during the Talent-Preneur Awards Gala 2020 at the Nairobi Film Center.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, Ogana expressed his pleasure at bagging his first award since he joined the cast of the hit drama.
"The award was so humbling. I did not see this coming, but I am happy and I appreciate everyone who voted for me, this win is Maria’s win. And I could not have won it without the support of my loyal fans, without them there can never be me.
"Now that the award has come, I just want to go down and do more. People should expect more because this was such a motivation," celebrated Ogana.
"This has been more of a wake-up call and I think now I am going to polish my skill on Luwi as a character and make it my own," he continued.
Ogana, who was the only Maria cast member nominated in the awards, dedicated the award to the rest of the cast.
Among those who attended the event organised by Kenya Film Classification Board (KFCB) were Nairobi Woman Representative Esther Passaris and celebrity Pastor Robert Burale.
Former KTN Ms President contestant Betty Adera received the Role Model of the Year Award during the gala.
- Imagerebuke1 April 2020 - 10:30 am
- Imagebrighter days1 April 2020 - 10:21 am
- Imageexposed1 April 2020 - 9:51 am
- ImageCovid-191 April 2020 - 9:32 am
- Imageunfortunate1 April 2020 - 9:16 am
- Imageheartbreaking1 April 2020 - 8:38 am
- Imagenick of time1 April 2020 - 7:58 am
- ImageMy Take1 April 2020 - 7:33 am
- Imageintervention1 April 2020 - 7:50 am
- Imagesecond chance31 March 2020 - 8:37 pm
- Imageon the radar1 April 2020 - 7:27 am
- Imagelifeline31 March 2020 - 7:18 pm