A vehicle plunged into Nairobi River, Saturday morning, February 15, igniting fears that the occupants may be in dire need of help.
The accident occurred along Outering Road, with issues raised over the accessibility of the road at the area.
Eyewitness reports stated that the driver may have been intoxicated but photos which surfaced online did not show occupants in it. it.
According to the eyewitnesses, the incident occurred at 6.30 a.m.
"The incident took place as early as 6.30 a.m. in the morning but nothing has been done to retrieve the car. As of 8:26 p.m, I passed there and it was still under the water," one Dan Okeo tweeted.
"There are two major problems at this particular bridge point. Two huge bumps erected back to back and there are no visible warning signs for the two number. Many accidents have happened on this road," another netizen tweeted.
The river has been a cause of environmental concern over its cleanliness and in 2019, Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko initiated a cleaning process.
In the section where the car plunged into the river, garbage can be seen spewed on its banks. Those at the scene of the accident calling for help argued that the river was contaminated with sewage.
On Sunday, December 22, a Subaru Impreza was involved in a horrific accident along Outering Road, Kariobangi area in Nairobi.
The vehicle, which plunged into the Nairobi River, run over a bump when the accident occurred.
It is not clear how many people were inside the vehicle or whether there are any casualties or injured people.
A similar incident occurred on Saturday, December 21, as Mercedes G Wagon was involved in a grisly accident also plunged into the river.
- ImageIn the footsteps21 February 2020 - 9:20 pm
- ImageFamily Feud21 February 2020 - 8:31 pm
- ImageSpecial liking21 February 2020 - 8:03 pm
- Imageunder the hammer21 February 2020 - 8:07 pm
- ImageSad21 February 2020 - 7:51 pm
- ImageMemories21 February 2020 - 8:44 pm
- ImageBamboozled21 February 2020 - 7:06 pm
- ImageRelief21 February 2020 - 6:17 pm
- ImageHere are the numbers21 February 2020 - 5:52 pm
- Imagenabbed21 February 2020 - 5:39 pm
- Imagedeserved21 February 2020 - 6:04 pm
- ImageConfrontation21 February 2020 - 5:19 pm