Following reports of Mombasa Governor Ali Hassan Joho's bodyguard testing positive for Covid-19, the county has moved to deny the claims.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, County Director of Communications and Public Relations in the Health Services division, Richard Chacha on Tuesday, July 14, allayed the fears.
When contacted, to respond to reports on the bodyguard testing positive, Chacha stated that the county health department did not have that particular record of the bodyguard.File image of a Covid-19 testing kit.
According to reports, the bodyguard tested positive while in Nairobi leading to four others being placed in quarantine at Mombasa Beach Hotel.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, George Kaputu, a representative of the hotel denied having anyone quarantined within their facility including the said bodyguard.
"That is wrong information, there is no security of the Governor who has been quarantined here," he stated.
After testing positive in Nairobi, the bodyguard is said to have been transferred back to Mombasa to receive treatment.
The report went on to reveal that the bodyguard was part of the Joho's entourage when he met Senate's County Public Accounts and Investments Committee to respond to audit queries on Monday, July 6.
Joho on Thursday, July 9 jetted out of the country to Dubai alongside Suna East Member of Parliament to visit former Prime Minister Raila Odinga.
According to the Ministry of Health guidelines, Joho is now expected to self isolate for 14-days as a precautionary measure.
The Governor and his staff undergo routine testing for Covid-19 every two weeks.Suna East MP Junet Mohammed and Mombasa Governor Ali Hassan Joho pictured on their trip to Dubai on July 9, 2020
- new beginnings7 August 2020 - 2:23 pm
- only way7 August 2020 - 2:48 pm
- Daily Briefing7 August 2020 - 2:11 pm
- all in one7 August 2020 - 1:32 pm
- silver lining7 August 2020 - 1:26 pm
- sad7 August 2020 - 12:30 pm
- Heartbreaking Tales7 August 2020 - 12:53 pm
- out the door7 August 2020 - 11:38 am
- Stormy Affair7 August 2020 - 10:42 am
- open up7 August 2020 - 10:21 am
- Think Twice7 August 2020 - 9:52 am
- tragic7 August 2020 - 9:11 am