Health CAS Dr Mercy Mwangangi reached out to President Uhuru Kenyatta as she celebrated her 34th birthday on Friday, August 28.
Mwangangi, Health CS Mutahi Kagwe's assistant, lauded the head of state for granting her the opportunity to serve in his government.
The CAS turned down three job offers from lucrative health economist firms to serve Kenyans.
Her entry into office was marked with the breakout of the Covid-19 pandemic which threw her straight into the deep end.Health CS Mutahi Kagwe launches the Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) Diagnostic and Reporting Centre, Nairobi in February 2020 as Health CAS Dr Mercy Mwangangi (behind) watchesFile
"There is so much to reflect on as I turn 34 today. I am learning, relearning and unlearning.
"All of these are steeped in immense gratitude, to my mentors and the President," Mwangangi stated.
She also quoted a Bible verse from the book of Ephesians 3:20, which can be interpreted as a dedication to the resolutions she made for her new year.
"Now to Him (God) who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us," the CAS added.
Mwangangi, in a TV interview in April, noted that the appointment by Kenyatta hit her by surprise.
The CAS stated that she was not aware of the job until a few hours later when she started receiving incessant calls.
She also disclosed that she is not yet married but is dating. She explained that she was devoted to her work and to keeping her life private.Health CAS Mercy Mwagangi issuing an update on coronavirus at Mbagathi Hospital on Saturday, March 14, 2020Simon KiraguKenyans.co.ke
- upgrade21 October 2020 - 7:30 pm
- no-show21 October 2020 - 7:02 pm
- Get Out21 October 2020 - 5:49 pm
- taking chances21 October 2020 - 6:04 pm
- emergency21 October 2020 - 6:17 pm
- counterpunch21 October 2020 - 4:41 pm
- On the hunt21 October 2020 - 4:57 pm
- latest report21 October 2020 - 4:01 pm
- angered21 October 2020 - 4:16 pm
- indecisive21 October 2020 - 4:26 pm
- tough tines21 October 2020 - 3:29 pm
- My Cup of Tea21 October 2020 - 4:03 pm