A Silverstone Air cargo plane on Saturday, September 19 crash-landed at Mogadishu’s Aden Adde International Airport.
The twin-engine cargo plane registered under 5YMHT, Fokker 50, is alleged to have slid off the runway and rammed into a concrete fence at the airport.
The cause of the accident has not yet been established.A wreckage of a plane involved in an accident on Saturday, September 19
At the time of publishing, no casualties had been reported. However, reports indicate that a number of crew members were injured.
Rescue teams have since been dispatched to the scene to deal with the incident.
The crash occurred a month after a Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) helicopter crashed in Dhobley, Lower Juba region in Somalia on Monday, August 3.
Ten passengers in the logistics military plane sustained injuries in the crash including the pilot but were all in a stable condition.
According to sources in Somalia, the Kenya Defence Force helicopter was on a return trip after delivering supplies to AMISOM sector two.
An investigation was immediately launched to ascertain what led to the accident.
In November 2019, the National Assembly Transport committee alluded that a powerful individual was preventing scrutiny following three mishaps by the local airline.A wreckage of a plane involved in an accident on Saturday, September 19accident crash
- TALENTED26 May 2022 - 1:10 pm
- Concern26 May 2022 - 12:29 pm
- Sorry26 May 2022 - 11:53 am
- Upward Spiral26 May 2022 - 11:25 am
- difference26 May 2022 - 10:40 am
- Historic26 May 2022 - 11:11 am
- Relief26 May 2022 - 9:52 am
- TOUGH TIMES26 May 2022 - 9:35 am
- Blocked26 May 2022 - 8:57 am
- No flights26 May 2022 - 8:06 am
- Sailed Through26 May 2022 - 7:47 am
- Unfortunate26 May 2022 - 7:15 am