- Daily Nation
A Nairobi court, on Wednesday, October 21, issued a warrant of arrest against Kilifi Governor, Amason Jeffah Kingi.
The warrant of arrest was issued after the governor failed to appear in court in a case where four men allegedly attempted to extort him Ksh30m.
The case pitting the four suspects, George Ngugi, Abdul Aziz Alim, Moses Musee Maluki and Noah Akala Aduwo,was to be heard on October 21, but the failure of Governor Kingi and the other witnesses to appear in court left the case at a standstill. According to reports, the perpetrators carried out their operations at the Gracia Hotel in Kilimani in June 2018.
The four suspects, who are Mombasa traders, allegedly posed as detectives from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) to extort county government officials. They denied the charges presented in court.
The court also issued arrest warrants on the other witnesses who are to be presented before the court on Thursday for further direction.
The latest warrant adds on to the legal troubles that the Kilifi Governor is facing.
In May this year, EACC confirmed that it was investigating Kingi over procurement anomalies in the setting up of the Covid-19 medical complex in Kilifi County.
- New Tricks26 November 2020 - 8:08 pm
- Take Notice26 November 2020 - 7:53 pm
- Beware26 November 2020 - 7:31 pm
- can't keep up26 November 2020 - 7:28 pm
- lights up internet26 November 2020 - 7:16 pm
- development26 November 2020 - 6:31 pm
- Last Option26 November 2020 - 7:43 pm
- Last Laugh26 November 2020 - 7:03 pm
- shaking bridges26 November 2020 - 5:19 pm
- Poisoned26 November 2020 - 4:54 pm
- in progress26 November 2020 - 4:58 pm
- u-turn26 November 2020 - 4:32 pm