- Daily Nation
A Nairobi court, on Wednesday, October 21, issued a warrant of arrest against Kilifi Governor, Amason Jeffah Kingi.
The warrant of arrest was issued after the governor failed to appear in court in a case where four men allegedly attempted to extort him Ksh30m.
The case pitting the four suspects, George Ngugi, Abdul Aziz Alim, Moses Musee Maluki and Noah Akala Aduwo,was to be heard on October 21, but the failure of Governor Kingi and the other witnesses to appear in court left the case at a standstill. According to reports, the perpetrators carried out their operations at the Gracia Hotel in Kilimani in June 2018.
The four suspects, who are Mombasa traders, allegedly posed as detectives from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) to extort county government officials. They denied the charges presented in court.
The court also issued arrest warrants on the other witnesses who are to be presented before the court on Thursday for further direction.
The latest warrant adds on to the legal troubles that the Kilifi Governor is facing.
In May this year, EACC confirmed that it was investigating Kingi over procurement anomalies in the setting up of the Covid-19 medical complex in Kilifi County.
- Winners circle15 May 2021 - 12:58 pm
- Advised15 May 2021 - 12:04 pm
- other duties15 May 2021 - 11:57 am
- relief15 May 2021 - 11:51 am
- Traced15 May 2021 - 10:28 am
- details15 May 2021 - 10:18 am
- Survival15 May 2021 - 8:52 am
- On Tape15 May 2021 - 7:26 am
- easy steps14 May 2021 - 7:03 pm
- fire14 May 2021 - 6:00 pm
- update14 May 2021 - 5:40 pm
- congratulations14 May 2021 - 4:37 pm