- Daily Nation
At least seven people died following clashes between two pastoralists groups at La Kuri, Isiolo County, on Tuesday, December 1, 2020.
Two other pastoralists were injured in the bandit attack that happened along the border of Garissa and Isiolo county.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, Isiolo county police commander Joseph Kigen confirmed the report adding that the authorities are investigating the clash.A file image of a man aiming to shoot(COURTESY)
"We have sent a team to the area where the incident happened to confirm the number of deaths.
"The area is quite far from Isiolo in the wilderness. We will release a statement once we have confirmed everything," he noted.
According to a number of media houses, the seven deaths and two injuries were confirmed by Lagdera Deputy County Commissioner Phillip Koima confirms.
Initial reports indicated that nine had been killed in clashes according to Isiolo County, Deputy Commissioner Stephen Nyakundi.
This comes barely two days after authorities in Isiolo intensified the search for illegally held firearms in the wake of increased insecurity incidences.
Two guns were surrendered to the county security team over the weekend.
This brought the total number of illegal guns surrendered to authorities to 12 after 10 other rifles were also presented to authorities the previous week.
Speaking during the crackdown, Kigen noted that the operation was intelligence-led, only targeting criminals and not meant to hurt innocent members of the public.A young pastoralist carrying a loaded AK-47.Amedia Agency
- Nairobbery21 January 2021 - 9:55 am
- latest21 January 2021 - 9:29 am
- road to new chief justice21 January 2021 - 9:15 am
- New Venture21 January 2021 - 8:59 am
- sales dip21 January 2021 - 8:45 am
- foul play21 January 2021 - 7:46 am
- Tragic21 January 2021 - 7:40 am
- BBI cracks21 January 2021 - 7:23 am
- new police unit?20 January 2021 - 8:12 pm
- On the Spot20 January 2021 - 8:08 pm
- justice20 January 2021 - 7:57 pm
- Covid-19 Update20 January 2021 - 6:40 pm