60 University Students Arrested With Illegal Drugs
A crackdown on illicit brews in Uasin Gishu County led to the arrest of more than 60 students from Moi University Campus in Eldoret.
The students were arrested on Friday night after a raid was conducted near their hostels.
Uasin Gishu Liquor Board Chairman Amstrong Rono said that no pubs were allowed to conduct their business near learning institutions, therefore the bar where the students were found was operating illegally.
According to a report by Citizen Digital, Rono added that one of the students who was accused of being a drug peddler, was arrested with rolls of bhang during the crackdown.
The arrested students will be arraigned in court on Monday
In October, 550 children were arrested for public indecency in Uasin Gishu. The students were accused of drinking alcohol and engaging in sexual activities at a night club.
A section of those apprehended were aged between 13 and 18 years and were found in possession of bhang, khat, used condoms and banned alcohol brands.
The incident was confirmed by Mr Rono who said that they had been investigating the club for operating without proper documentation and allowing underage drinking.
- 12 December 2019 - 8:06 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 8:19 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 7:56 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 7:28 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 6:44 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 6:19 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 5:47 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 4:26 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 5:29 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 4:52 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 4:28 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 3:37 pm