A Kenyan school principal has won the African Union Continental Teacher of the Year Award 2020.
Jane Kamiti, the head of Othaya Girls High School was awarded as the best teacher in the event held in Adis Ababa, Ethiopia, on Monday, December 21.
The teacher was recognised for her efforts to improve the quality of learning and also ensuring students achieve high standards in projects.
Kamiti was also praised for engaging in activities and networks that enhance the social and cultural value of learning.Computers in a laboratoryFile
She also helped her students to achieve their long term career goals by organising engagement with relevant agencies and information.
In 2019, she was awarded for introducing e-learning through Information Communication Technology (ICT) in the school.
Erick Ademba, a high school teacher from Asumbi Girls High School in Homabay County won the price at the time. He was also the first runners up of the Teacher of the Year (TOYA) awards in Kenya in 2018.
Member states of the African Union (AU) were required to nominate two outstanding teachers (male and female) and submit their names to the headquarters in Addis Ababa.
The Teachers Service Commission nominated Ademba together with Damaris Mwende of Mbooni Boys who was also the first runners up for ICT Teacher of the Year (ITOYA) 2018 awards.An individual using a laptopFile
- tragedy20 September 2021 - 10:28 pm
- CONTINENTAL GIANT20 September 2021 - 7:10 pm
- FACE OFF20 September 2021 - 6:28 pm
- Revealed20 September 2021 - 5:52 pm
- Voice of the Mountain20 September 2021 - 5:30 pm
- DIRECTIVE20 September 2021 - 4:11 pm
- RESCUED20 September 2021 - 3:28 pm
- Next phase20 September 2021 - 2:16 pm
- Change of tact20 September 2021 - 1:24 pm
- Interruptions20 September 2021 - 12:53 pm
- Congrats20 September 2021 - 1:05 pm
- SHOCKING20 September 2021 - 12:45 pm