- Simon KiraguKenyans.co.ke
Kenya has recorded 80 more Covid-19 positive cases in the last 24 hours as the country's total caseload rises to 95,923.
In a statement by Health CS Mutahi Kagwe on Sunday, December 27, the cases were reported from a sample size of 1,601 which puts the positivity rate at 4.99%.
On Saturday, December 26, the positivity rate was at 6.6% with 130 people testing positive from a sample size of 1,973.
In today's update, 425 patients were discharged, 369 being from the home-based care program while 56 have been discharged from various hospitals bringing the total number of recoveries to 77,423.An ICU facility in Nandi County
Regrettably, three patients succumbed to the disease bringing the total number of deaths to 1,658.
Of the positive cases, 51 are male and 29 are female while the youngest case is a three-year-old child and the oldest is aged 98.
Distribution of the cases by counties, Nairobi 55, Busia 7, Lamu 5, Kiambu 4, Murang'a 3, Kilifi 2, Kajiado, Kericho, Kitui and Nakuru had one case each.
Currently, there are 651 patients admitted to various health facilities countrywide and 3,417 on home-based isolation and care.
38 patients are in the intensive care unit, 18 of whom are on ventilatory support and 17 on supplemental oxygen. 3 are on observation.
Another 33 patients are separately on supplementary oxygen out of whom 26 are in the general wards.
7 patients are in the high dependency unit.A medical practitioner dressed in protective gear at the Coronavirus isolation and treatment facility in Mbagathi District Hospital on Friday, March 6, 2020.Simon KiraguKenyans.co.ke
- Take Note1 March 2021 - 7:40 pm
- new look1 March 2021 - 6:58 pm
- Remarkable1 March 2021 - 7:10 pm
- law1 March 2021 - 6:00 pm
- Update1 March 2021 - 6:19 pm
- Un fit1 March 2021 - 5:10 pm
- Beauty Industry1 March 2021 - 5:32 pm
- cheeky1 March 2021 - 4:42 pm
- last-minute1 March 2021 - 4:51 pm
- New System1 March 2021 - 4:19 pm
- Unfortunate1 March 2021 - 2:53 pm
- life hacks1 March 2021 - 1:33 pm