Davis Mwabili, popularly known as Inspekta Mwala, has exited Radio Citizen after 13 years at the station.
The veteran actor and media personality announced his resignation during his morning show Jambo Kenya on December 30, which he co-hosts with presenter Vincent Ateya.
"Today is my last day at Radio Citizen. I am doing this morning show and will also host Drive On in the evening," he stated.
The presenter cum-comedian added that he was leaving on good terms after 13 years at the station.Radio Citizen presenters Inspekta Mwala (right), Beki Mwamburi (centre) and Vincent Ateya (left).
He added that he was looking to take a break as well as spend more time with his family particularly his grandmother.
"I am grateful to the station and to the fans who have been tuning in for so many years. when you meet me in the streets buy me meat," he joked.
He, however, noted that the show Inspekta Mwala which airs on Citizen TV would still be ongoing.
Radio Citizen's Jambo Kenya, is among the top radio breakfast shows topping the list in a ranking by Geopoll for the months of March, April and May 2020.
The show hosted by Inspekta Mwala and Vincent Ateya, took the top spot with a general listenership of 1.4 million daily listeners from 6 a.m to 10 a.m from Monday to Friday,
It was followed by Milele FM's Milele Breakfast by Alex Mwakideu and Jalang'o (who quit the station) with 1.1 million.
Listen to Inspekta Mwala's announcement on Radio Citizen below:
- Listen Up24 January 2021 - 7:17 pm
- gridlock24 January 2021 - 6:10 pm
- Surge24 January 2021 - 4:35 pm
- expensive24 January 2021 - 5:02 pm
- Unfortunate24 January 2021 - 4:29 pm
- investing24 January 2021 - 5:28 pm
- Worrying24 January 2021 - 4:13 pm
- Not This Time24 January 2021 - 2:25 pm
- well-paying24 January 2021 - 2:41 pm
- Chaos24 January 2021 - 2:19 pm
- On the Spot24 January 2021 - 12:35 pm
- New Direction24 January 2021 - 1:02 pm