A Kenya Defence Forces officer raided the home of his former wife in Marachi Central, Busia County and launched a smoked grenade following a heated argument.
The military man, on Saturday, January 16, confronted the ex-wife over the custody of their children.
Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI) sleuths said that KDF officer wanted to take away the kids from their mother.
Sergeant, Denis Ochieng, took the grenade from his military jacket, throwing it on the compound before vanishing.A suspect in handcuffs
This was after he got tired of waiting for his ex-wife's parents to arrive and hold a discussion on his demands, as suggested by the estranged woman.
On realising that the grenade had not exploded, Ochieng ran back, collected it and disposed of it in a nearby river.
Neighbours who witnessed the unfolding drama reached out to DCI officers who responded swiftly and apprehended him.
"We reported the case to KDF's military police who also rushed to the scene.
"They teamed up with Butula-based detectives in the ongoing search for the disposed grenade," DCI tweeted.
The DCI detectives placed Ochieng under custody as investigations into the matter commenced.
They also ascertained that the sergeant is based in Mandera County and serves at a paraunit.Directorate of Criminal Investigations headquarters along Kiambu RoadSimon KiraguKenyans.co.ke
- life hacks1 March 2021 - 1:33 pm
- banned1 March 2021 - 1:29 pm
- sprinter1 March 2021 - 1:15 pm
- Inferno1 March 2021 - 1:32 pm
- RIP1 March 2021 - 12:09 pm
- Revealed1 March 2021 - 12:59 pm
- fellow kenyans1 March 2021 - 12:32 pm
- Our history1 March 2021 - 12:22 pm
- Water1 March 2021 - 11:01 am
- New demands1 March 2021 - 10:21 am
- relief1 March 2021 - 10:22 am
- Blunder1 March 2021 - 9:45 am