- Daily Nation
The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has issued guidelines on how retired teachers can access their pension payments in a multi-billion payout.
The government has already paid Ksh20.44 Billion in the first quarter of the current financial year, in pension and gratuity payouts.
According to the Director of Pensions at The National Treasury, Michael Kagika, Ksh5.08 billion of the amount was attributed to a court ruling on the pension claims for teachers who retired between 1997 and 2003.A signpost showing the Teachers Service Commission office. TSC is mandated with hiring teachers in Kenya
The Treasury is racing to clear a payout in pension funds for the retired teachers.
The TSC was ordered to process the pension payments of more than 50,000 teachers who retired between July 1, 1997, and June 30, 2003, based on salaries awarded in a 1997 agreement.
A recent notice by TSC dated January 13, revealed that the commission had forwarded the names of 308 teachers to the treasury for payment.
TSC directed that the teachers need to avail several documents to process their pension dues
1. Duly filled TSC clearance certificate
2. Two copies of bank plate on both sides
3. Two copies of a national ID card on both sides
4. Duly completed option to commute pension form in duplicate
5. Duly completed lump sum payment form (bank form)
6. Two copies each of all promotion letters/ certificates
7. The earliest copy of the payslip showing women's and children's pensions scheme (WCPS) deductions for male teachers
8. Copies of marriage certificates/ affidavits to confirm names for married teachers whose documents have different names
9. Teachers who served as untrained teachers to attach NSSF statement
10. Two copies of the KRA Pin certificateA teacher with pupils in a classroom.
- On the Spot16 June 2021 - 5:05 pm
- details16 June 2021 - 4:19 pm
- My Truth16 June 2021 - 4:29 pm
- be warned16 June 2021 - 3:29 pm
- justice16 June 2021 - 1:55 pm
- Heartbreaking16 June 2021 - 1:45 pm
- Remarkable16 June 2021 - 1:05 pm
- Revealed16 June 2021 - 1:09 pm
- Face Off16 June 2021 - 11:05 am
- details16 June 2021 - 10:39 am
- Take Note16 June 2021 - 10:46 am
- Ambushed16 June 2021 - 10:00 am