Police were on Thursday, January 21, asked to escort a man to his wife's home in the upmarket Muthaiga Estate where he would collect his belongings and leave the premises.
This is after the man was reported to have issued death threats to his wife after he came home drunk in December last year.
Presiding over the case at the Makadara law courts, Chief Magistrate Angelo Kithinji ordered that the accused, Isaac Kiplagat Sumukwo, should not be seen in the house again.Cars parked outside Makadara Law Courts.
In addition, the magistrate directed that Kiplangat should never contact his wife Daisy Chepkosgei Ruttoh.
Through her lawyer, Ms Rutto said that she feared for her life after her husband had threatened to kill her.
She added that Kiplangat had also contacted some of her family members to warn them that he would kill her.
Further, the court heard that Ms. Ruttoh had housed her husband for 10 years after he lost his job.
On his part, Sumukwo, denied the charges levelled against him. He went ahead and pleaded with the court for lenient bail and bond terms.
Kiplagat was released on Ksh40,000 cash bail and an alternative bond of Sh100,000.
The hearing of the case will commence on June 21, 2021.A police car in Kenya.
- RIP1 March 2021 - 12:09 pm
- fellow kenyans1 March 2021 - 12:32 pm
- Our history1 March 2021 - 12:22 pm
- Water1 March 2021 - 11:01 am
- New demands1 March 2021 - 10:21 am
- relief1 March 2021 - 10:22 am
- Blunder1 March 2021 - 9:45 am
- Unfair1 March 2021 - 9:26 am
- close shave1 March 2021 - 9:05 am
- Hard Times1 March 2021 - 9:16 am
- Honored1 March 2021 - 8:35 am
- inferno1 March 2021 - 7:54 am