An administration police constable attached to Bahati Police Station in Nakuru County has been sentenced to death by a court in Nyahururu.
The officer, Constable David Kimani Kuria, was sentenced alongside a civilian co-conspirator Samuel Mugire after they were found guilty of robbery with violence and rape.
On January 27, 2021, KBC reported that the two had been accused of violently robbing a couple of their items.An empty court room.File
Kimani and Mugire had been charged that on the night of July 27, 2016, they robbed Stanley Kibui Kanyeki of his phone worth Ksh7,000. He, however, later succumbed to gunshot wounds to the chest.
Constable Kimani was also accused of raping Kanyeki's wife after robbing her of Ksh45,000 and a Ksh10,000 phone at the deceased's house in Kibazi trading centre, Nakuru County.
Chief Magistrate Judy Wanjala stated that the evidence provided against the two was sufficient enough to compel the ruling.
“The evidence supports the charges the said persons are facing. It, therefore, means that the prosecution has proved its case beyond reasonable doubt. It would thereby be safe to convict the two accused persons to death,” Justice Wanjala ruled.
She proceeded to hand the police constable a 30-year jail term urging the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) to list Kimani as a dangerous sexual offender.
Kimani and Mugire are required to appeal the sentence within two weeks.A suspect in handcuffs
- RIP1 March 2021 - 12:09 pm
- Water1 March 2021 - 11:01 am
- New demands1 March 2021 - 10:21 am
- relief1 March 2021 - 10:22 am
- Blunder1 March 2021 - 9:45 am
- Unfair1 March 2021 - 9:26 am
- close shave1 March 2021 - 9:05 am
- Hard Times1 March 2021 - 9:16 am
- Honored1 March 2021 - 8:35 am
- inferno1 March 2021 - 7:54 am
- race against time1 March 2021 - 7:13 am
- Can't Take it28 February 2021 - 7:00 pm