An administration police constable attached to Bahati Police Station in Nakuru County has been sentenced to death by a court in Nyahururu.
The officer, Constable David Kimani Kuria, was sentenced alongside a civilian co-conspirator Samuel Mugire after they were found guilty of robbery with violence and rape.
On January 27, 2021, KBC reported that the two had been accused of violently robbing a couple of their items.An empty court room.File
Kimani and Mugire had been charged that on the night of July 27, 2016, they robbed Stanley Kibui Kanyeki of his phone worth Ksh7,000. He, however, later succumbed to gunshot wounds to the chest.
Constable Kimani was also accused of raping Kanyeki's wife after robbing her of Ksh45,000 and a Ksh10,000 phone at the deceased's house in Kibazi trading centre, Nakuru County.
Chief Magistrate Judy Wanjala stated that the evidence provided against the two was sufficient enough to compel the ruling.
“The evidence supports the charges the said persons are facing. It, therefore, means that the prosecution has proved its case beyond reasonable doubt. It would thereby be safe to convict the two accused persons to death,” Justice Wanjala ruled.
She proceeded to hand the police constable a 30-year jail term urging the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) to list Kimani as a dangerous sexual offender.
Kimani and Mugire are required to appeal the sentence within two weeks.An undated illustration of a suspect in handcuffsdeath violence gun arrest suspect sex rape
- Clampdown23 March 2023 - 7:38 pm
- new role23 March 2023 - 7:19 pm
- light moment23 March 2023 - 7:34 pm
- Explained23 March 2023 - 7:32 pm
- mORTGAGE23 March 2023 - 6:46 pm
- Impressive23 March 2023 - 7:11 pm
- RE-ORGANISED23 March 2023 - 7:22 pm
- Puzzling23 March 2023 - 7:02 pm
- Revealed23 March 2023 - 6:33 pm
- By a whisker23 March 2023 - 6:21 pm
- CHALLENGED23 March 2023 - 6:00 pm
- Bring Back23 March 2023 - 6:21 pm