Citizen TV power couple Lulu Hassan and Rashid Abdalla have kickstarted a nationwide tour for their Maria cast to meet their fans across the country.
The team flew to Mombasa County where they started their road tour which will run till Monday, 1 February 2021. They will be proceeding to the neighboring Kilifi County in their first leg of the tour.
The producers of the show want to engage the cast with their fans as the show is one of the most-watched shows in Kenya.
Lulu Hassan through her social media pages thanked the sponsors and Citizen TV for organizing and told her fans that she was humbled by their support.Maria TV series show bus during their nationwide tour.
“TeamMaria will be on the road courtesy of #dreamlineexpress will be on the road courtesy of @dreamlineexpressltd. We are humbled and do not take this for granted,” she said.
Rashid added the tour was a form of appreciation to the fans who have continued to support the TV series.
Lulu Hassan and Rashid Abdalla have openly expressed love to the cast and termed them as family. The couple also engages them in activities that encourage team spirit and natural connections.
Maria and cast are largely followed on social media pages, having followers who have created Facebook and WhatsApp groups to discuss the show.
Some of the actors have landed opportunities to become brand ambassadors and marketers for corporate firms and products.
The series received two awards last year at the Kalasha Awards as best TV drama with Yasmin Said, the main cast, bagging the Best Lead Actress award.
- unfortunate21 April 2021 - 10:07 am
- confusion21 April 2021 - 9:38 am
- New Projects21 April 2021 - 9:30 am
- Corridors of Power21 April 2021 - 9:24 am
- Under Siege21 April 2021 - 7:58 am
- Another One21 April 2021 - 7:16 am
- eyes on prize20 April 2021 - 8:04 pm
- jets out20 April 2021 - 7:48 pm
- new pairs of hands20 April 2021 - 6:50 pm
- Alliances20 April 2021 - 6:29 pm
- dissolve20 April 2021 - 5:22 pm
- On the Edge20 April 2021 - 4:48 pm