A CCTV camera captured a gruesome accident that occurred along Magadi-Isinya Junction in Kiserian involving a lorry and boda boda rider.
In the video, seen by Kenyans.co.ke, the boda boda rider is seen trying to overtake another vehicle at a bend near a bridge, completely oblivious of the oncoming lorry.
The rider then applied breaks to avoid being hit by the lorry, but then ended up on the path of the oncoming vehicle - which plowed into him, dragging him and the motorcycle for a few meters.Police officers at an accident scene involving a car and a motorbike at the Kanisa Road roundabout in Nyeri on July 11, 2011.Daily Nation
A witness told Kenyans.co.ke, that the boda boda rider died on the spot despite efforts to save him by rushing him to the hospital.
A woman pedestrian who was walking next to the rider dashed just in time to avoid being hit.
In yet another incident, a speeding truck was caught on CCTV ramming vehicles, motorcycles, and passers-by along Katito road in Kendu Bay, Homa Bay County.
People running their day-to-day activities were caught by surprise when a truck suddenly lost control, sweeping everything in its path.
A 34-year-old man died while four others were seriously injured in the incident.
"Those who sustained injuries were trying to escape when they were hit. They were rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment," said area chief, Tobias Aduda.
According to Aduda, the accident occurred after the driver of the truck unsuccessfully tried to negotiate a corner joining the Kendu Bay - Katito road.
- details23 July 2021 - 8:38 pm
- more blessings23 July 2021 - 7:44 pm
- Victory23 July 2021 - 7:44 pm
- MAKE OVER23 July 2021 - 6:47 pm
- tragic23 July 2021 - 6:51 pm
- BEHIND BARS23 July 2021 - 5:39 pm
- Prison23 July 2021 - 4:57 pm
- Way Forward23 July 2021 - 4:46 pm
- Services Unvailability23 July 2021 - 5:04 pm
- explained23 July 2021 - 4:18 pm
- Road Rage23 July 2021 - 3:00 pm
- Underground23 July 2021 - 2:23 pm