Kenyans in the diaspora and back at home joined hands to aid the family of Christine Aluoch Babu, who passed away on Wednesday, July 14 in Qatar.
Nearly Ksh700,000 was raised in four days on GoFundMe, an online fundraising platform and other mobile money platforms. Contributions started streaming in on Wednesday, July 21.
Aluoch's family reached out to well-wishers to aid in raising the funds to cater for the hospital and mortuary expenses.
"The money would also be used to repatriate the body so that we can lay her to rest," her kins urged.An undated photo of a landing planeFile
"Her body is currently still at the mortuary in Doha, Qatar, as we wait for the authorities to conclude their investigations which is the usual protocol in such events," they added.
Aluoch was travelling back home along with her 15-year-old daughter and a family friend.
She reportedly passed out mid-air prior to landing in Doha, Qatar. Aluoch was later on declared dead on arrival after she was rushed to Hamad Emergency Hospital for treatment.
“Unfortunately she did not make it and died after suffering a massive cerebrovascular accident (stroke) as a result of multiple blood clots in her left atrium.
“Her daughter and the friend were later rescheduled for a flight to Nairobi, Kenya the next day. They arrived safely two days later on Friday, July 16, her relatives announced.
A stroke occurs when blood flow to a part of the brain is stopped either by a blockage or the rupture of a blood vessel.
The family has planned to inter her at their home in Gem Ahono village, Siaya County.Doha, QatarFiledead accident died
- Changes28 September 2022 - 9:20 am
- renovations28 September 2022 - 9:06 am
- investigations28 September 2022 - 8:14 am
- Berieved28 September 2022 - 7:13 am
- Gratitude28 September 2022 - 7:01 am
- new Appointment27 September 2022 - 6:09 pm
- transition28 September 2022 - 7:52 am
- Thriving28 September 2022 - 8:49 am
- Not Picked27 September 2022 - 6:03 pm
- Changing Faces27 September 2022 - 7:38 pm
- Unfulfilled27 September 2022 - 6:51 pm
- Lucky ones27 September 2022 - 6:36 pm