A police officer took his own life inside an estate in Mwea, Kirinyaga County on Tuesday evening, July 27, at around 6:56 pm.
Police Constable Donfan Njoroge reportedly took his own life by hanging himself using a sisal rope from the roof, inside his own bedroom
The 33-year-old officer was stationed at Kapu JKIA Embakasi station.
His wife reported the matter at Kiamaciri Police Station after discovering his lifeless body hanging in the bedroom. Detectives who were assigned to the case rushed to the house and retrieved the body.Undated image of a Police Station in KenyaFile
"The body had no visible injuries and no suicide note was found.
"A will, dated July 26, on how his property will be shared was also recovered," police report, OB Number 33/27/7/2021, stated.
PC Njoroge, according to the detectives, Donfan had attempted to commit suicide on Monday, July 26, by consuming rat poison.
"The scene was documented and the body ferried to Kibugi Funeral Home, pending an autopsy," the report added.
The Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) in its report dated July 2021, detailed that at least 483 people died by suicide in the last three months. The youngest person reported to have committed suicide was nine years while the oldest was 76 years old.
409 life-threatening assaults, mostly among couples, were also recorded.
“We have never recorded such a high number of suicides before and this is not only alarming but calls for urgent remedial measures,” DCI Director George Kinoti stated.An undated photo of police officers and detectives at a crime scene in KenyaFiledied suicide
- Under Siege7 December 2021 - 7:12 pm
- Philanthropic7 December 2021 - 7:47 pm
- waiting7 December 2021 - 6:39 pm
- New Direction7 December 2021 - 6:04 pm
- Exposed7 December 2021 - 6:07 pm
- Disrupted7 December 2021 - 5:34 pm
- Lucky7 December 2021 - 4:47 pm
- NOT YET7 December 2021 - 5:06 pm
- Undercover7 December 2021 - 5:54 pm
- Explained7 December 2021 - 4:34 pm
- Disclosed7 December 2021 - 4:28 pm
- ORDER7 December 2021 - 3:41 pm