Chief Justice Martha Koome has transferred 23 judges in her latest reshuffle set to take effect beginning October 1, 2021.
A notice seen by Kenyans.co.ke on Thursday, July 30 indicated that Justice Weldon Korir, who was part of the six judges rejected by President Uhuru Kenyatta, was among the judges who were moved.
He was moved to Kabarnet/ Kapenguria court from Milimani Law Courts where he operated from.
Justice John Mativo, a respected Nairobi judge, was transferred from Milimani Law Courts to Mombasa Law Courts.Justice Weldon Korir during a past hearing
He replaces Eric Ogolla who was moved to Eldoret while Judge Chacha Mwita was moved to Milimani Law Courts from Kajiado.
Other changes included Stephen Githinji who was taken to Malindi from Eldoret, Justice David Kemei who was transferred to Bungoma from Machakos and Justice Reuben Nyakundi who will occupy Eldoret Courts from Malindi.
Lady Justice Stella Mutuku of the Milimani Law Courts was transferred to Kajiado while Lady Justice Dora Chepkwony was moved from Mombasa Law Courts to Milimani.
Justice James Wakiaga was sent to Murang'a High Court from Milimani where he was attached to the Anti-Corruption and Economic Crimes Division.
Lady Justice Esther Maina of the Nyamira High Court was moved to the Anti-Corruption division of Milimani Law Courts.
Justice Grace Ngenye, who is attached to Milimani Law Courts, was also transferred to Naivasha High Court among other changes.
This is the second reshuffle handled by the newly sworn-in CJ. On July 16, Koome reshuffled the Employment and Labour Relations Court (ELRC) in a bid to clear case backlog.
The ELRC had a backlog of 8,852 cases.Justice James Wakiaga during a past court sessionFile
- new Appointment27 September 2022 - 6:09 pm
- Not Picked27 September 2022 - 6:03 pm
- Changing Faces27 September 2022 - 7:38 pm
- Unfulfilled27 September 2022 - 6:51 pm
- Lucky ones27 September 2022 - 6:36 pm
- Awarded27 September 2022 - 5:21 pm
- On the spot27 September 2022 - 4:38 pm
- Powerful27 September 2022 - 4:30 pm
- role27 September 2022 - 4:34 pm
- Trend27 September 2022 - 7:23 pm
- Revealed27 September 2022 - 5:00 pm
- Working state27 September 2022 - 4:21 pm