The Oscars International Academy Awards are known to create a sensational buzz amongst filmmakers and film lovers from across the world.
The Kenya Film Commission (KFC) has made efforts to make it easier for Kenyans to submit their entries to the academy for global recognition.
The academy awards, which are the oldest, are considered the greatest and most significant awards for entertainers with 3,140 Oscar statuettes awarded so far.The trademark Oscar logo for Oscar AwardsFile
Oscars have been around close to a century since inception in 1929 when the Academy of Motions Picture Arts and Sciences held the ceremony at a private dinner.
The dinner became the first academy award having been hosted in The Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel by Douglas Fairbanks.
KFC has advised those interested to make their entries early enough as well as plan bearing in mind that the 94th Oscars ceremony will be held on March 27, 2022, live from the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood.
“An international film is defined as a feature-length motion picture (over 40 minutes) produced outside the United States of America and its territories with a predominantly (more than 50%) non-English dialogue track. Animated and documentary feature films are permitted,” KFC clarified.Blue Sky Films crew on location in KenyaBlue Sky Films
Upon submissions of entries, the Oscars Selection Committee will then consider which film to be entered for the Best Feature Film Category Award.
The Academy in Los Angeles has the final word when it comes to the nomination of the film before being subjected to public opinion.
Due to Covid-19, the requirement of theatre release has been altered with these alternatives being provided for interested Kenyan film makers;
1) Provide to The Academy previously planned theatrical release and streaming distribution or video on demand agreements.
2) The producer can also release their film in another country outside Kenya except for the United States and its territories for consideration to the Awards category.
1. Citizens or permanent residents of the submitting country should be represented in at least two of these categories:
2. Citizens or permanent residents of the submitting country should be represented in the majority in these categories:
c) Art Director or Production Designer (whichever title designates the senior designer)
d) Costume Designer
e) Music Composer
f) Sound Mixer
3. Citizens or permanent residents of the submitting country should be significantly represented among the major roles in the cast.
Kenyans are requested to submit their works to the Kenya Film Commission Offices by 5 pm on October 5, 2021.Poster Of Submission Call From Kenya Film Commission: Facebook
- New Beginnings28 September 2021 - 7:52 pm
- Solving Case28 September 2021 - 7:40 pm
- Wealth28 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Blow28 September 2021 - 7:26 pm
- Merger28 September 2021 - 7:21 pm
- Step In28 September 2021 - 6:50 pm
- WIN FOR KENYA28 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Barred28 September 2021 - 6:33 pm
- Inaccessible28 September 2021 - 6:55 pm
- sad28 September 2021 - 5:24 pm
- Climbing the Mountain28 September 2021 - 5:39 pm
- Heated28 September 2021 - 3:59 pm