Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) leader Raila Odinga took a break from campaigns and jetted out of the Country on Wednesday, October 27, for the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
In a statement signed by Odinga's Spokesperson Dennis Onyango, the ODM leader left at 4pm on Wednesday.
Odinga will be going to UAE in his capacity as the African Union High Representative for Infrastructure Development in Africa.Former Prime Minister Raila Odinga speaks during the Mashuja Day Celebrations in Kirinyaga on October 20, 2021.Raila
He will attend a conference that will bring together high level officials and Ministers in Infrastructure, Energy, Transport, ICT and Water Sectors as well as Private Sectors companies leading in the Infrastructure sector.
"He will upraise the conference on second phase of the Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA PAP2) being implemented from 2021-2030," reads an excerpt of the statement.
Odinga will also engage stakeholders on the effective service delivery of infrastructure on the continent.
He is expected back in the Country next week.
In addition, he will brief the conference on infrastructure and Energy improvements necessary for increased economic growth rate in the wake of the meltdown caused by coronavirus.
Odinga's trip came just months after he left the country for the UAE for a strategic and political meeting.
Accompanying him at the time was Suna East MP Junet Mohammed, one of his close allies.An undated photo of Opposition leader Raila Odinga aboard a plane at the airport.(COURTESY)
- Under Siege7 December 2021 - 7:12 pm
- Philanthropic7 December 2021 - 7:47 pm
- waiting7 December 2021 - 6:39 pm
- New Direction7 December 2021 - 6:04 pm
- Exposed7 December 2021 - 6:07 pm
- Disrupted7 December 2021 - 5:34 pm
- Lucky7 December 2021 - 4:47 pm
- NOT YET7 December 2021 - 5:06 pm
- Undercover7 December 2021 - 5:54 pm
- Explained7 December 2021 - 4:34 pm
- Disclosed7 December 2021 - 4:28 pm
- ORDER7 December 2021 - 3:41 pm