The heavily armed officer from the General Service Unit (GSU) lined up outside the station as Joho, who was accompanied by CORD leaders and supporters, arrived at the station.
The Governor had obtained orders from the Malindi High Court barring his arrest and prosecution of several other Opposition leaders, following what they termed as intimidation and harassment from the government.
CORD sought the intervention of the court after a series of altercations between the Governor and the State, in which he had severally been threatened with arrest and summoned to appear at the station.
Earlier in the day, Joho had been restricted from accessing the station where he had presented himself to record a statement regarding a robbery with violence case.
See photos:harass armed violence arrest armed
- SUDDEN Death26 September 2022 - 11:29 pm
- Tragic26 September 2022 - 7:00 pm
- Clearing the air26 September 2022 - 6:32 pm
- Closure26 September 2022 - 5:03 pm
- Final Verdict26 September 2022 - 3:53 pm
- Solutions26 September 2022 - 3:48 pm
- New venture26 September 2022 - 6:03 pm
- Take Note26 September 2022 - 3:00 pm
- Insecurity26 September 2022 - 2:49 pm
- Inspiring26 September 2022 - 2:32 pm
- chaos26 September 2022 - 12:13 pm
- New Responsibility26 September 2022 - 12:17 pm