Opposition leader Raila Odinga's daughter Rosemary Odinga has dropped out of the Kibra Parliamentary race over what she terms as her doctor's advice.
Rosemary, who is still admitted at a South African hospital, confirmed her exit from the 2017 political race through a Facebook post.
"It is following my doctor’s advice, that for the time being, I will continue serving my community in other capacities and regrettably bow out of the race for Member of Parliament.
"I would like to thank each and every person that supported my bid and the people of Kibra for opening their hearts and homes to me. I will forever cherish your outpouring love and prayers," the post read in part.
Ms Odinga was admitted in Nairobi Hospital in February after she started developing headaches. She was diagnosed with a non-cancerous brain tumour known as meningioma and was later flown to South Africa for further treatment.
Rosemary launched her bid to vie as Member of Parliament in Kibra in January.
She was seeking to unseat incumbent Ken Okoth.
Here is Rosemary's post:
- Chaos25 September 2020 - 4:35 pm
- fire25 September 2020 - 4:06 pm
- Uproar25 September 2020 - 3:40 pm
- new directive25 September 2020 - 2:14 pm
- in the cold25 September 2020 - 1:52 pm
- Congrats!25 September 2020 - 12:59 pm
- exquisite25 September 2020 - 12:53 pm
- stay woke25 September 2020 - 11:57 am
- Power play25 September 2020 - 11:30 am
- barricaded25 September 2020 - 11:24 am
- Infuriated25 September 2020 - 10:27 am
- Cancelled25 September 2020 - 9:19 am