Opposition leader Raila Odinga's daughter Rosemary Odinga has dropped out of the Kibra Parliamentary race over what she terms as her doctor's advice.
Rosemary, who is still admitted at a South African hospital, confirmed her exit from the 2017 political race through a Facebook post.
"It is following my doctor’s advice, that for the time being, I will continue serving my community in other capacities and regrettably bow out of the race for Member of Parliament.
"I would like to thank each and every person that supported my bid and the people of Kibra for opening their hearts and homes to me. I will forever cherish your outpouring love and prayers," the post read in part.
Ms Odinga was admitted in Nairobi Hospital in February after she started developing headaches. She was diagnosed with a non-cancerous brain tumour known as meningioma and was later flown to South Africa for further treatment.
Rosemary launched her bid to vie as Member of Parliament in Kibra in January.
She was seeking to unseat incumbent Ken Okoth.
Here is Rosemary's post:
- Goodbye24 October 2020 - 2:38 pm
- doppleganger24 October 2020 - 2:11 pm
- sweet24 October 2020 - 1:51 pm
- gruesome24 October 2020 - 1:28 pm
- Halleluhya!24 October 2020 - 1:00 pm
- will they?24 October 2020 - 12:13 pm
- Presidential Treatment24 October 2020 - 11:42 am
- helping hand24 October 2020 - 11:30 am
- Her Take24 October 2020 - 10:37 am
- Tough Crowd24 October 2020 - 9:59 am
- must watch24 October 2020 - 9:31 am
- fatal24 October 2020 - 8:45 am