Enraged students of Nyakeiri Boys Secondary School in Nyamira County, reportedly torched down the home of one of their own and walked away with two heads of cattle in a bid to claim justice for their loss.
The boys are said to have gone to their colleague's home and set two houses on fire, after they lost their belongings when their dormitory was supposedly burnt down by the form three student.
Job Wanjala, the Principal of the school, said that the suspected arsonist was seen in the dormitory with a spotlight and disappeared when the building went up in flames.
A cousin to the suspect said that the boy had only been in the school for three months after completing his time at a juvenile remand over drug abuse. The student at the time of the inferno was expected to be at home over school fee arrears.
Kisii County Commander Mohamed Kutora, who visited the scene, warned both the students and residents of the area against taking matters into their hands.
In August, a dormitory was set on fire at Stephjoy Boys High School in Kiambu County; two students died while 11 others were injured.
Watch Video Courtesy Of K24
- changes12 July 2020 - 3:36 pm
- discord12 July 2020 - 2:57 pm
- Mansion Tour12 July 2020 - 2:52 pm
- Go Ahead12 July 2020 - 2:13 pm
- 1+112 July 2020 - 1:59 pm
- big break12 July 2020 - 1:46 pm
- Compensation12 July 2020 - 12:41 pm
- shining12 July 2020 - 12:10 pm
- The Truth12 July 2020 - 12:03 pm
- sad12 July 2020 - 11:32 am
- Differences12 July 2020 - 10:06 am
- heating up12 July 2020 - 9:24 am